Become a member
If you live or work in Tyne and Wear, Northumberland or County Durham then you are eligible to join First for Money.
Unlike High Street Banks, we are a community-focused and not-for-profit organisation.
We are owned and operated by our members, for the benefit of our members, and we work with your best interests at heart.
Some of the benefits of joining include:
- Loans at attractive and affordable rates (up to £7,500)
- Fixed term savings accounts at 1% per annum for deposits between £2,000 – £15,000
- Savings accounts for young people
- Special offers for Christmas savings, or white goods
- Insurance cover on savings and loans (subject to age restrictions)
- Access to a scheme which allows members to purchase white goods and furniture at competitive prices
- We are regulated by the Prudential Regulation Authority
- Savings are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (up to £85,000 per account)
There is a £2 non -refundable joining fee and members must deposit a minimum of £5 into a regular savings account at the time of joining. A minimum of £5 must be maintained in a regular savings account at all times. There is also a £5 annual fee which is charged on a quarterly basis.